A traditional paper-based investigation process generally includes notes and questions written down or typed into a document that is difficult to defend as consistent and unbiased. Automation proves the same process is followed in every investigation and reduces time spent by 35-40%.
The beauty of automation is in the simplicity. All compliance and consistencies are built into a very simple-to-use platform that encompasses best practices for the investigation flow and process. Our clients are surprised at how little or no training is required.
Many HR budgets do not yet include a specific line item for technology. However, our clients have found that the reduction in man hours spent conducting investigations and reallocation of risk management, legal or settlement funds, can provide more than sufficient savings to create a new line item.
Employees don’t often come forward due to fear of an unknown process and potential retaliation. By communicating your willingness to implement better interaction from easy incident reporting, an unbiased and respectful investigation process, and consistent accountability, employees will begin to come forward earlier and feel empowered to begin resolving issues amongst themselves. This will ultimately reduce claims.
In addition to the overall impact of an improved company culture, here are a few financial returns you can expect:
- Efficiencies in the automated process provide a reduction in man hours needed for each investigation.
- Built-in compliance measures makes investigations more defensible and reduces the need for settlements.
- Consistent protection allows lower-level staff members to participate in conducting investigations.
- A transparent process builds employee trust and engagement, reducing turnover rates.
- Analytics allow for early preventative actions such as additional training or policy revision, which reduces exposure risk.
Contact us! We’re happy to answers any questions you may have.